Thursday, September 11, 2008

Morning..........


I have been enjoying other peoples blogs for awhile now and finally, after some encouragement I have decided to start one of my own.
Like anything new, it's a little awkward getting it set up and figured out, but I think it will be fun!
I started doing this before the sun even dimly lit the horizon, but as often happens around here I was interrupted by the needs of our dogs.
I took the house dogs out so they could do their morning 'business', wanting them to hurry so I could get back to the computer.
The roosters started sounding off, because you know we all have to be informed that the sun is about to make its daily appearance.
The chickens began to cluck and I thought.....as long as I'm out here I might as well feed them. So, I did. By then the dogs were done doing what they did. As I was bringing them back into the house I heard the goats.....and they sounded like they were farther away than in the goat yard. Hmmm.....better go check. They were all out in the cornfield. I sent Flop to GET THE GOATS, but I forgot about Shadow being the 9 month old Chesapeake playful pup that she is. Every time Flop got the goats gathered and headed towards me, Shadow gleefully romped in front of them and they froze. This was going on WAY out through the marsh and down the field..........out of my controlling voice range. So, I had to take a little walk and get Shadow to stay with me so Flop could do her job.........which she did.
As long as I was out there I might as well get the horses fed too. So I did.
Now it is 9:45. I hear my husband stirring..........and so my day has begun..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did it!!! Yippee hooray!!

I love you and look forward to reading about life on the Funny Farm. ;o)